SPOILERS ... SPOILERS ... SPOILERS

EPISODE 26

Very sick tonight so I'll just give a short rundown.

- Onn Sin regrets being a concubine and wishes she did not do so much harm to others. Siu Luk Tzi said "You can always quit" but one wonder, how?

- Yee Soon faints when visiting Fook Nga and discoveres she is pregnant with the Emperor's child. But she is not happy because her heart yearns for Bak Yeung who in turn yearns for Yuk Ying.

- Yuk Ying has lost her power and so she is often being looked down by younger concubines. She knows this is the consequence of helping Bak Yeung and she vows to climb back on top again. She locks herself in her room, thinking about Bak Yeung whom she now loves very much whilst Bak Yeung could not visit her due to the scandal.

- Yee Soon meets with Onn Sin and gained better understanding of Onn Sin who frankly told her "Let us not fight anymore. I am not interested in you nor Yuk Ying. You have your purpose and I have my own purpose. Let's make peace shall we?" but Yee Soon said "Should I trust you?"

- Yee Soon then sees Onn Sin staring at something and Yee Soon says "I never knew you could remininsce about the old times. It shows you have a conscience and you are indeed the Onn Sin I knew" but Onn Sin said "I am not thinking about the past, I am thinking who is more pitiful; the branch covered in snow (I think she said this, not sure) or myself. I think myself, I am more pitiful. But I have chosen this road and I must not look back. Neither should you" and Yee Soon and Onn Sin gained a better understanding of one another and Yee Soon wonders whether she can trust Onn Sin again.

- Meanwhile Yu Fei's eyesight is ok already thanks to Senior Suen. But she confronts Senior Suen and gace him a choice; "Am I to trust you? Hung Mo says he trusts you but he never knew about the past. I knew you did it. I knew you helped the Empress to abort my child 3 years ago and so don't try to deny it. But you can help me now to make up for all that you've done to me. Ensure my daughter's safety, you can do that." but Senior Suen said "I can't help you on that because little princess is malnourished and she will not live past this age" but Yu Fei does not believe him and makes him swear he will help her and so Senior Suen agrees. Hung Mo heard everything.

- Senior Suen then tells Hung Mo Yu Fei's story; "What the Empress did was something that any would have done to ensure her position. Yu Fei was pregnant with the emperor's son and the empress wanting to ensure her son's succession to the throne did what she had to do. I aborted the child 3 years ago. Yu Fei was never always this mean when she first entered this palace. Wouuld that surprise you? She was a sweet innocent girl then but she learned fast enough not to trust anyone ever again".

- Yu Fei likes Hung Mo very much because he is very attentive towards her when she was very sick.

- Eunuch Tsui is very happy at Yee Soon's pregnancy but he is not happy with Fook Nga and Yee Soon meeting each other again. So he tells his wife he has sent a letter to Fook Nga telling Fook Nga the truth about Yee Soon but Mrs Tsui tearfully said "You can't do that! When she reads the letter she will realise they're both Hans and wanting to protect her sister, she will surely kill herself!" and Eunuch Tsui said "That is exactly what I hope she will do". Meanwhile Eunuch Tsui brings in another little girl to be trained by Mrs Tsui but Mrs Tsui refuses to do so since Yee Soon is now very favoured in the palace but Eunuch Tsui said "What is she losses the emperor's love?!" and proceeded to I think slap Mrs Tsui. Mrs Tsui could not bear to see Yee Soon hurt again and so when Eunuch Tsui was bathing, she pushes him under the water and drowned him whilst she screamed and screamed in fear. She tried to look for the letter but it was missing.

- The Empress has ordered Senior Suen to ensure Yee Soon's pregnancy will not bear any fruit. Or maybe this is in the next episode? Very sick, can't remember.

- Meanwhile Yee Soon knows Bak Yeung misses Yuk Ying very much and wanting to ease his pain she asks Fook Nga to invite Bak Yeung over and help him see Yuk Ying. Bak Yeung couldn't believe Yee Soon was doing this but Fook Nga said "Do you think I'll do anything to harm you?". And so Bak Yeung walks into Yuk Ying's room and Yuk Ying tearfully screamed at him saying "Why didn't you tell me? It is so typical of you! Why?!" and Bak Yeung is about to leave when Yuk Ying hugs him begging him not to go and they spent one night together. You know, they had sex lar! Yee Soon was having tea with Fook Nga and Fook Nga said "Why did you do this?" and Yee Soon tearfully said "I want to let go and I feel I can let go after this...".

- Bak Yeung leaves to drink wine alone, maybe regretting what he did whilst Yuk Ying is happily combing her hair when she has this evil look, for no reason.

THE END.

Best Scene
Definitely the scene where Bak Yeung came to see Yee Soon, checking her pulse but he was busy looking at Yuk Ying's room. Yee Soon tried to tell him how she feels where she said "I can't stand this anymore, to hide how I feel. I feel so unwell, I feel so suffocated, I..." but Bak Yeung was busy looking at Yuk Ying's room to pay her any attention. She knew and she shut up.

Also when Onn Sin was screaming at Siu Luk Tzi, expressing her pain and anger for hurting so many people.

Best Performance
Without a doubt, Charmaine Sheh turned in an exceptionally great performance tonight, or maybe I was too sick that I was imagining she being great. Nahhhh she was very good. She neither shout nor scream but rather she just delivered her lines with this melancholy type of looks. Very good, her best was when she was confessing to Bak Yeung her feelings but he was looking elsewhere. She really looks depressed.

Worst Performance
Gigi Lai, as always. Why did she have that evil look at the end? Why she had to talk like she breaths so much? Why?

Notable Performance
Maggie Cheung who gave an excellent performance with her Onn Sin very much in anguish.


Overall a very good episode with a bit on Yu Fei's background, but too little. So now I know how evil the empress was, she did this to Yu Fei before 3 years ago but can't blame her or Senior Suen. That's the consequence of seeking power and protecting one's own son's status. Yu Fei being the favourite, her son will be favoured too by the emperor. I wish there was a flash back scene because I still don't like Yu Fei.

Tomorrow, the baby dies.




- For screencaps of this episode do check out Sehseh's WAB page -

0 comments:

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

For your information

This series was first released in 2004 and was broadcast over at ASTRO Wah Lai Toi in 2005 on weekdays from Monday to Friday. These episodic thoughts were written during the broadcast period over at ASTRO on a daily basis and was completed when the series ended its run. Episodic Thoughts are episode summaries with review of each episode as I watch them and they are all written by me, Funn Lim. The comments are still open so do feel free to post your comments.

Subject matter

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Top Commenters

Get this widget

Counter